Before you write your own resume, it is helpful to look at a sample resume
When it comes to writing a resume, some people find themselves staring at a blank page and not knowing where to start. One way to get started is to look at a sample resume. This will give you an idea of possible headings to use, the types of experiences to include, and the style of sentences that is clear and concise.
Next, set up the headings that you want to use. If you are new to the field, you will probably want to put your job skills first. Follow that with your past work experience, and then your education. Once you’ve got your headings in place, start filling in your information. Don’t be afraid of that blank page! Once you start typing, you will find it’s not that hard!
Medical Assistant Sample Resume
888 Harris Street – Linwood, NJ 00000
Cell: 609-111-1111 – Email: email@example.com
To use my medical assistant skills to deliver high quality patient care and provide efficient administrative skills to support the goals of Johnson Medical Center.
- Vital signs
- Specimen collection
- Injection administration
- Examination and minor surgery support
- Medical terminology
- Medical billing and coding
- MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Appointment scheduling
- Patient records maintenance
- Certified in CPR and First Aid, American Heart Association
Central Hospital, Linwood, NJ – August 2013 to October 2014
Medical Assistant Extern (180-hour unpaid externship)
- Measured and recorded patients’ vital signs
- Provided direct patient care as needed
- Helped maintain patients’ medical records
- Labeled and organized patient specimens
Target, Inc., Mays Landing, NJ – September 2013 to January 2013
-Customer Service Associate
- Helped customers with returns and complaints. Served about 80 customers daily.
- Assisted with restocking and managing inventory
Harris School of Business, Linwood, NJ
Professional Medical Assistant diploma, October 2013
720-hour program; 180-hour externship placement
Mainland Regional High School, Linwood, NJ
- John Doe, Instructor, Harris School of Business, Phone: 800-510-7920
- Sally Doe, Externship Supervisor, Central Hospital, Phone: 609-111-1111