If you haven’t started your resume yet, now is the time!
If you are enrolled in a medical assistant school, there is no time like the present to begin working on your resume. Medical assistant training programs take just about one year to complete, so before you know it, you will need to be sending your resume for job applications. Don’t wait until the last minute to start working on it!
If you find that you are staring at a blank page and don’t know where to begin, try looking at this sample resume. It’s a made-up person with made-up skills, but it gives you an idea of how to format a resume.
This sample shows an example of a skills-based resume, where you list your skills at the top rather than your job experience. This format is useful if you are just getting out of school and haven’t built up a lot of job experience yet.
123 Chestnut Street
Voorhees, NJ 08043
To deliver high quality patient care and efficient administrative support as a Medical Assistant at Brown Pediatrics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CLINICAL SKILLS
– Measuring patients’ vital signs, weight, and height
– Drawing blood and preparing specimens according to protocol
– Administering injections
– Assisting with examinations and minor surgery
– Taking medical histories
– Using accurate medical terminology
– Cleaning and prepping exam rooms
– Scheduling appointments
– Verifying patient insurance
– Updating and maintaining electronic health records
– Experienced in medical billing and coding software
– Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Certified in CPR and First Aid, American Heart Association
Child’s Place Pediatrics, Camden, NJ – July 2016 to September 2016
Medical Assistant Intern (180-hour unpaid internship)
– Assisted nurse in measuring vital signs and recording information electronically
– Helped pediatrics patients be more comfortable with their office visits
– Helped secure patients who were receiving injections and immunizations
– Assisted with the office’s checkout and appointment scheduling procedures
Johnson Family Restaurant, Cherry Hill, NJ – September 2013 to present
– Served as host and server for busy breakfast and dinner shifts
– Provided high quality, friendly service to customers
– Handled customer concerns professionally
Harris School of Business, Voorhees, NJ
Professional Medical Assistant diploma, September 2016
720-hour program; 180-hour internship placement
Voorhees High School, Voorhees, NJ
– Jane Doe, Medical Assistant Instructor, Harris School of Business, Phone: 800-510-7920
– Sally Doe, Internship Supervisor, Child’s Place Pediatrics, Phone: 856-333-3333
This sample resume was provided by the Harris School of Business. We offer career-focused training programs such as medical assisting, massage therapy, medical billing and coding and more. Contact us online to learn more.