Promote your skills in your Legal Secretary resume!
Conducting a job search can be a strenuous endeavor. Upon graduating from a legal office technology program, you may be researching legal secretary positions in your area. In addition to finding a position that you desire and offers you the benefits you want, you have to prepare your resume.
Your job application will include an electronically sent cover letter and resume. On job interviews, you should also bring a hard copy of these documents. Many people find writing a resume challenging. If you need help writing your resume, then you can use our sample resume as a tool as you prepare your own document.
At the Harris School of Business, we hope providing you with a sample resume can make your job search smoother. Contact our advisors in our Career Services Department to schedule an appoint if you need more help preparing for your job search. We can also help you write a cover letter. Our sample is below!
1111 Cliffview Road – Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Mobile: 234-888-5555 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trained legal secretary seeking employment with McConnelly Law Firm. Dedicated to the law. Trained to research and prepare legal documents. Sufficient in managing a wide variety of administrative tasks. Passionate about law and working as a team member.
- Review and investigate facts about a case
- Research laws, regulations, and legal articles
- Organize legal office documents in electronic and paper filing systems
- Collect and arrange evident and legal documents
- Summarize legal reports
- Write emails and contact key witnesses
- Collect affidavits and other statements as evidence
- Handle exhibits, take notes, and review trial transcripts
- File briefs and appeals with the court or opposing counsel
- Schedule interviews and meetings with clients and witnesses
Legal Secretary Intern, (Unpaid)
Jefferson & Associates Law Firm, Cherry Hill, NJ – January 2016 to March 2016
– Helped prepare legal documents for lawyers
– Worked on several cases under supervision
– Maintained and updated electronic files and paper documents
– Scheduled witness appointments
– Researched laws and regulations for attorneys
– Wrote and summarized legal reports
– Sent emails and correspondences with key witnesses under supervision
– Helped carry exhibits, took notes, and reviewed trial transcripts
Customer Service Representative, Cherry Hill, NJ– May 2014 to January 2016
– Assisted 50-150 customers per day
– Processed returns and answered product questions
– Managed customer complaints
– Received excellent evaluation from manager
Harris School of Business, Cherry Hill, NJ (accredited school)
Diploma, August 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
Cherry Hill West High School, Cherry Hill, NJ
-Mary Jacobs, Manager, Home Depot, Phone: 800-222-2222
-Adele Dazeem, Internship Supervisor, Jefferson & Associates Law Firm, Phone: 555-333-1111