Attending an open house can help you understand the career training paths that are available
If you are thinking of attending a career training school, you may want to go to an open house before you apply. At the Harris School of Business, our eight campuses offer regular open houses every month to help give prospective students a welcoming way to visit the school and learn about career training options.
Adults of all ages are invited. Our students come from many different backgrounds. Some of the adult learners who attend our open houses are:
- Young people just out of high school who are just beginning to plan their future career
- Students who tried community college but found it wasn’t a good fit
- Adults with GEDs (or equivalent) who are ready to further their education
- Workers who have been laid off and are seeking a new career path to get back into the workforce
- People who are currently in a career, but want to begin a new career in a new field
- Parents who stayed at home with their children, and are ready to start working again
- Single parents who are looking for an accelerated training program that can lead to a steady career to support their children
- Servicemen and servicewomen returning from military service who are ready to start a career in the civilian workforce
No registration and no appointments are required. The open houses are meant to be a low-pressure environment where you can learn about our career-focused programs, find out about financial aid options, and take your time in collecting any information you may need. Many students say that just “getting a feel” for the school is one of the most helpful things about attending an open house.
Each month we list our open houses at the bottom of our home page. Simply find the campus nearest you, and show up on the day of the open house.
Can’t make the open house date? If the open house doesn’t fit your schedule, you can always call to make an individual appointment at any of our campuses. Our admissions representatives will be happy to meet with you any week day—and even Saturday mornings—to discuss our programs.
If learning more about the Harris School interests you, you can start today! Just fill out our simple online form, and a representative will contact you shortly. It just takes a few moments, and you could be on your way to your future career field!