Dentistry is an ever-changing field, and dental assistants play an important role
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at the dentist office? There is more than meets the eye, and dental assistants play a key role in keeping dental offices running smoothly.
At Harris School of Business, the Dental Assistant training program prepares students to assist with the daily needs of a dental office—many of which you may not have considered, such as:
- Setting up the exam room for the next patient
- Checking on the supplies such as fluoride rinse, toothpaste, protective bibs, and gloves
- Sterilizing instruments and cleaning work surfaces
- Preparing the molds and taking impressions
- Administering dental x-rays
- Maintaining patient records
- Shutting off appliances at the end of the day
If you live in the Delaware Valley region and are thinking about dental assistant schools, you might want to learn more about the Dental Assistant program at the Harris School of Business.
Harris operates seven campuses in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, each featuring a number of career-focused programs to explore. The Dental Assistant training program is offered at three campuses, located in Wilmington, DE; Upper Darby, PA; and Voorhees, NJ. All programs are provided year-round, with a rolling admissions policy.
Do you think the Dental Assistant Program may be a good match for you? If so, call Harris to learn more about this and other career-focused programs at 1.800.510.7920. Or use our simple on-line form, and we will contact you shortly. It’s easy to do, and it could be the first step toward a new career!