Courses review everything from chair-side assisting to emergency procedures
Dental assistant training is one way to get started on a new career path if you are interested in the healthcare field. The employment of dental assistants is expected to increase at much faster rate than other occupations, according to U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook.
What does it take to enter this job field? Dental assistant training involves a wide range of subjects such as:
- Dental anatomy
- Office procedures
- Preventative care
- Chair-side assisting
- Dental radiology
- Emergency procedures
- Commonly used equipment
- Sterilization and infection control
If you are considering this career field, you may want to research the adult schools in your area. For residents of the Delaware Valley, the Harris School of Business is an accredited school that offers career-focused training in dental assisting as well as a number of other fields.
Harris’s Dental Assistant Training Program
The Harris School of Business offers a dental assistant program that may be right for you. If you want to hear what other students have said about Harris’s program, watch our video. Some of the benefits of a Harris education include:
- Courses delivered by instructors who are experienced in the field
- Opportunities to practice new skills and procedures in a simulated dental office
- A small classroom environment that is supportive and individualized
- An externship at a real dental office where you get on-the-job experience to include on your resume
- Support from the Career Services department as you begin your career search
Get in touch with Harris today if you are interested in pursuing this career. You can call 1.800.510.7920, or use our simple online form, and someone will contact you.
All it takes is one simple phone call, and you could be on your way to a new career path!