Do you feel fulfilled when you are helping others? Are you interested in helping patients feel more comfortable and cared for when they visit their doctor or local medical clinic? Are you considering medical assistant schools? Do you want the sense of fulfillment that comes from joining a professional health care team? If so, then the Professional Medical Assistant Plus program at Harris School of Business may be right for you.
The Professional Medical Assistant Plus program is offered at our campuses in Danbury, CT, Dover, DE, and Voorhees, NJ. This program is similar to our standard Professional Medical Assistant program, but it also includes specialized Electronic Health Records (EHR) training.
Day in the Life for Professional Medical Assistant Plus
At Harris School of Business, you will learn the skills you need to be a medical assistant. Here are some of the daily duties you might have:
- Measure and record patients’ vital signs
- Take down patients’ medical histories
- Discuss procedures with patients and offer reassurance
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Sterilize medical equipment and instruments
- Assist physicians during examinations
- Collect and process lab specimens
- Perform phlebotomies (blood draws)
- Administer EKGs
- Handle the preparation and administration of medications
- Share information with patients about medications and special diets
- Authorize refills for prescriptions
- Remove surgical sutures
- Remove and reapply dressings
Train Close to Home
The Professional Medical Assistant Plus program is available at the following campuses:
For more information about this, or any other program offerings, contact the campus nearest you. Our knowledgeable staff can help you on your career path.
Not what you were looking for?
Check out our other career programs!