Writing a resume made easy!
Many people find writing resumes to be as irritating as a tooth ache. Some people don’t know how or what to include as they go about preparing and applying jobs.
Once you’ve graduated from dental assistant school, you can rejoice knowing you’ve completed all your training. However, now you have to begin applying for job positions.
Many newcomers feel they don’t have enough work experience to get a job offer. However, you should try promoting yourself with a skills-based resume. This resume type can help detail your skills, education, and internship experience instead. If a potential employer sees you have all the skills needed for the position, they may be more willing to schedule a job interview with you.
The Harris School of Business offers our dental assistant students a sample resume if they need assistance. Using our sample as a guide can help make your job search easier and more productive. If you’d like more career-related assistance, contact our Career Services Department. We can try to set you up with local job opportunities, help you practice your interview skills, and search for jobs. Contact us at any time.
Dental Assistant Sample Resume
1248 Allister Avenue – Voorhees, NJ 03105
Mobile: 234-888-8999 – Email: email@example.com
Professional dental assistant seeks employment with Dental Care Associates of Voorhees, NJ. Dedicated to promoting oral health and education. Trained in sterilizing dental instruments, handling equipment, infection control, and skilled in chairside dental assisting techniques.
Prepare and comfort patients during dental exams and procedures – Sterilize dental equipment and instruments – Administer and process dental x-rays – Assist dentists and dental hygienists during dental exams – Educate patients on oral healthcare
BUSINESS SKILLS and COMPUTER SKILLS
Billing and EHR systems – Bookkeeping – Schedule dental appointments – Maintain and restock dental supplies – Maintain and record patient health statuses – Customer service – MS Office – Excel – Word – Outlook
Dental Assistant Intern, Dental Care Partners (Unpaid)
Skilled Dental Health Practice, Voorhees, NJ– September 2016 to November 2016
– Met with 5 to 20 patients per day
– Maintained and updated EHR and payment records
– Communicated with clients about health concerns
– Prepared dental office, instruments, and exam rooms
– Administered x-rays under dentists’ supervision
– Stocked and reordered dental and office supplies
– Scheduled patient appointments
– Called and answered phones
– Offered patient assistance
– Educated patients of all ages on basic oral care
– Managed 150 clients during the internship
The Garden Green Cafe, Voorhees, NJ – May 2014 to January 2016
– Served 75-250 customers per day
– Handled customer complaints and questions
– Managed bookkeeping
– Reordered and restocked seasonal menu ingredients
– Received excellent evaluations from manager
The Harris School of Business, Voorhees, NJ (accredited school)
Dental Assistant diploma, September 2016
XXX-hour program; XXX-hour internship placement
Voorhees High School, Voorhees, NJ
– Sophie Thompson, The Garden Green Cafe, Phone: 444-333-1111
– Melissa Everett, Internship Supervisor, Skilled Dental Health Practice, Phone: 555-111-2626